If you own a small business, and want to automate your inventory system but have been hesitant to take the plunge due to costs, wait no longer.
Various government grants can help bring down the costs of a logistics system, and a barcode system will bring you high returns on your investment:
- Dramatically reduce reliance on manual stocktaking
- Increased accuracy, leading to less time wasted on correcting inventory errors
- Faster stock taking
- Can easily scale up depending on your operations
- Increase efficiency
- Project a professional impression with customers and vendors
The barcode system can be linked either to barcode scanners or connected to smartphones via a custom app, which enables any smartphone with a camera to scan barcodes. Both one dimensional (1D) and two-dimensional (2D) barcodes can be supported, depending on your business’ needs.
From 1D barcodes like UPC and Code 128 barcodes to 2D barcodes such as QR or PDF417 codes, UtoMedia can develop a custom logistics system for your business that can read and create these barcodes, custom labels, connect to a label printer to print your barcodes and more. Use your custom logistics system to do the following:
- Work in progress tracking & management
- Inventory tracking & management
- Delivery tracking & management – you can choose to link to a GPS-based system so that you always know your delivery team’s location
- Automate order fulfilment process
- Point of Sale (POS) tracking
- Use the system as a mobile POS for pop-up stores, flea markets, etc.
- Catalogue management
- Time & attendance tracking
- Asset tracking & management
- Sales order management